This is the second year Marc plays in the Junior All State Tournament, Mauston, Wisconsin. I didn’t make it last year so it is my first time at this facility.
Opening ceremonies were held yesterday. Must say the ceremony fell a bit flat for the following reasons:
1) Parents were sitting at two for at least 30-60 minutes before the ceremony began only to be told a few minutes before it started to move to field one.
2) Started about fifteen minutes late.
3) Once the teams were announced and were in the field, that was pretty much it.
4) Outside of relay race (homerun contest was for the coaches…don’t get me started on that) no other skills for the players.
What I liked about opening night:
1) Had inflatable slides for the kids.
2) Great weather
3) Full bar
4) Good food (a bit on the pricey side but so are most sports facilities).
5) Players had the chance to hang out and get to know each other.
Overall the facility is definitely one of the better facilities around. The tournament was well organized and the employees were quite helpful. Especially when it came to figuring out how to make my cheeseburger gluten-free (used lettuce in place of bun). Turf fields (which are great during rains, drains well and fast), clean facilities and bathrooms, batting cages, great concession stand with a full bar.
If you get the chance to come and play at Woodside I highly recommend it. Although it is a small town there is much to do especially since they are no more than thirty minutes from the Dells.